Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Ambler Family

I'm such a lucky girl.  Really.  My friends just flat-out ROCK!  

I met Rachel last year through my friend Val.  Rachel lives in my neighborhood, but we had never run into one another.  We ended up at a Girls Night Out together & bonded over queso & margaritas!  :)  Rachel is just awesomely awesome.  Her smile is contagious, and well, she's freaking HILARIOUS!!  She's always there for you, ready to lend a hand, ready to bring over a bottle of Moscato... just a great friend.  I'm so thankful for our friendship!

Rachel's family is pretty awesome, too!  Miss Grace is in 2nd grade, and is such a doll!  She was cracking me up on the day of this shoot.  I arrived at their house, and while Rachel was still getting ready, Grace & I had many in-depth conversations regarding Disney, clothes and her Guinea Pig, "Bugsy" (who I got to hold & is totally adorable, by the way!).  As I've said before... this is what I love about my job!  And then there's Tom.  While we didn't have as many conversations as Grace & I did... it was really fun getting to know him better!  All in all, the Ambler's are just awesome.

I got to meet the rest of the family members... Penny & Sheldon (cats), and Lucy (dog).  Lucy is such a lover!!  While trying to get a family picture with Lucy, she would sit any way BUT facing the camera!  And between shots, she came to give me a kiss... right on the lips!  This didn't phase me, however.  I love dogs!  

We ended up getting some great shots!  Rachel & Tom's house was beautifully decorated for Christmas, so we bounced between two trees.  

While trying to utilize the chalkboard prop, Tom grabbed it, held it in front of Grace's face & I believe Rachel said something like, "Seriously, Tom?" -- and I snapped the picture.  Honestly, and as someone said as a comment on Facebook, this has Christmas Card written ALL OVER IT!  Hilarious!

It's always fun to photograph friends, and I'm very blessed to have a group of women (and men!) who trust in me to capture their memories.  :)


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment